6 Happy Healthy Habits that Motivate
1. Set alarm on phone for when to wind down. I try to am for 9:00pm. At that time I put my phone on the charger and I try not to be on it until my alarm goes off in the morning. This helps me to not be distracted when it's time for bed and helps me to go to bed right away. Since I've been doing this I found that I've gotten more hours of sleep than I used to.
2. Make a list for tomorrow. At the end of the day I write down everything that needs to get done the next day most important to least important. To the side of my list I write down things that could get done in 2 minutes or less, so whenever I have down time (in the car, walking to class or eating) I get those done quickly. These lists help me to brain dump everything that needs to get done and clears my mind before I go to sleep, because I know what to expect for tomorrow.
3. At least 30 minutes of exercise. I try to make this a priority. I use to make excuse all the time that I have homework or I'm too busy. When I started making it a requirement/habit I had to complete everyday I did it, and it has helped me so much. I'm happier throughout the day and I have more energy. This was a hard habit to start at first, but I set my mind to doing it as soon as I get home from classes and I can't watch tv, read, or anything else that I like to do, until I workout.
4. Drink 8 oz a day. I always carry a water bottle with me wherever I go. When I drink water I am more refreshed and my skin glows a lot more. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE Dr. Pepper and I like to have one almost anytime I go out, but for every glass of soda I drink, I have to drink double of it in water.
5. Listen to music. I love Disney and Broadway music (and my husband most likely gets sick of it). I put this on anytime I need a pick me up, even if it's just one song. I do it when I'm cleaning or doing laundry, it helps me to not get distracted by the tv and stay focused on the tasks I want to accomplish for that day.
6. Positive affirmations are a must. This may just be me, but whenever I get stressed out or start getting hard on myself. I keep saying "I got this!" and it helps me to know that I do got this and I can accomplish anything I set my mind to, I may not get it done right away but I will get it done if I put my mind to it.
6. Have something you look forward to everyday. I try to do something for me everyday that I enjoy. I eat cookie dough, I get to watch a new episode from a tv show, I do face mask, I get to read a chapter of a book I've been reading. These are just a few examples, but theses help motivate me to get me where I want to be and who I want to become. These little wins get me excited everyday to tackle my to do list and finish big projects and I hope you can find things in your lives that help you get excited for your day.
I hope these six key points help you as much as they've helped me! Have a great week!