20 Goals Before 2020
These goals are of productive things I want to accomplish before the end of this year. These will push me to focus on the end result, instead of focusing on the little trials in life that can get us down. I want to continually be motivated throughout the year!
1. Read one self help book a month. This will help me improve myself throughout the year and continue to grow as a person. Self help books have helped me in the past to be openminded, improve the way I work with others, and to be a better friend and person. I highly recommend reading at least one self help book this year even if it's not your style.
2. Run a half marathon. I'm so excited and nervous for this one. I already signed up for the Ogden Half Marathon in May (that's the first step). Now I have to exercise, train, and eat healthier, so I don't get my butt kicked! Crossing my fingers right now!
3. Be able to do one dead hang pull up. I've always wanted to be able to do this, and have never been able to. I'm hoping if I focus on this I'll finally be able to accomplish it. Plus I've never had that much upper body strength, so this will also push me to workout.
4. Stretch every day. It's important to stretch especially if you workout regularly, you want to keep and improve your full range of motion. I love how relaxed stretching makes me feel in the morning or at night.
5. Do a yoga video once a week. I used to be really into yoga and I miss it. Yoga is a great hobby to have, it's relaxing and a great workout! And I'm going to need to find a new hobby once cheer is over, so I can stay in shape.
6. Take a day off from social media once a month. I think we all need a break once in awhile, life is short. I'm definitely not the first to admit it, but I tend to waste a lot of my time on social media when I should be productive.
7. Write 30 minutes every day. This one is probable going to be one of the hardest for me, however I really want to start this habit. This will help me in the long run with my blog and especially with my major being in journalism.
8. Learn a new language through Duolingo. I've always wanted to learn a new language and I'm hoping this will be a good start.
9. Read a conference talk every morning. This is a great way to start the day. I did it a little last year and I want it to become more of a habit. Reading a talk a day helps me focus on one thing to improve on every day depending on what the talk was about.
10. Read one chapter from the Book of Mormon every night. I want to do this with Zach, so we can draw closer to the Lord together. I feel this is a great way to end the day, it's relaxing and it makes your last thoughts before bed about the Lord.
11. Start a gratitude journal. I'm going to write down 3 things I'm grateful for every day. This will help me to see and focus on the good and positive, even on bad days.
12. Get up when my alarm first goes off. I am the person who has five different alarms that go off in the morning and I want to be able to get up when the first alarm goes off, instead of pressing snooze over and over again.
13. Walk the dog every day. I want to get outside more this year. When school is going on and busy there are days I feel like I don't see the sun at all, but a walk is a great way to take break.
14. Accomplish three tasks a day. I love check lists, they make me feel so accomplished when I cross them out. This will keep me productive each day of the year.
15. Eight hours of sleep. Sleep is so important in our lives. When I don't get close to 8 hours of sleep I'm more tired, my face breaks out, and I'm more stressed during the week. I'm hoping that if I focus on this it will help me in those areas I need to improve on.
16. Cook more. It's healthier, saves money, and I loved having sit down dinners with my family growing up. I want to have those memories in my home. Cooking is a hobby I've always wanted to learn and improve on, I'm hoping this will be the year.
17. Blog Post twice a week. Writing 30 minutes a day will help me with this goal. And I really want to write and express myself on here. Blogging is helping me to realize my dreams and try new things in my life. And I love how blogging gets me out of my comfort zone and pushes me to be more open with others.
18. Set monthly goals. I want to stay productive every day of my life. A lot of my 20 goals can't be accomplished overnight, so I want to have a few every month that keep me motivated and make me feel accomplished.
19. Save up to $3000 as an emergency fund. Have any of you heard of Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps? The first step is $1000 for an emergency fund and the third step is to have a few months of expenses put into savings. I'm hoping with this goal kept in mind that it will push me to save instead of spending it all on clothes.
20. Last but, definitely not least graduate with my Bachelor's Degree from USU! It's taken me a lot longer than I initially had planned and my husband has been so supportive and patient through everything. But I will graduate in something I love, enjoy, and have a passion about! Can't wait to finish by the end of this year!
Whenever I'm down or being hard on myself, I'm going to look back on these as a reminder of what to truly focus on in life. Then I'll find something I can do that day to help me push forward in these goals!
What are your goals? What do you do to stay motivated?
I hope everyone is having a Happy New Year! I can't wait to see what this year is made of!