For all my health conscious friends, I found a recipe for a delicious healthy treat! A little bit of peanut butter and a little bit of chocolate! Who can have one without the other?!?
I made Peanut butter Blondies this week. I found this recipe on Joy Foods Sunshine, they have amazing healthy dessert recipes I'm excited to try! Enjoy, the recipe is below.
The ingredients include:
1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained ½ cup peanut butter ¼ cup honey (can substitute maple syrup for a vegan option) ¼ cup coconut sugar 1 TBS almond milk 2 tsp vanilla ½ tsp salt ½ tsp baking powder ¼ tsp baking soda ½ cup chocolate chips
(if you wish you can add sea salt and chocolate chips on top)
1. Oven set to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" or 9" glass baking pan and set aside
2. Put all ingredients except for chocolate chips into your blender, blend until it's a smooth consistency
3. Once smooth, add chocolate chips and mix by hand
4. Pour into pan and spread evenly
5. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and sea salt on top
6. Bake in your preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until the edges just pull away from the pan, the top is set and slightly golden brown
7. Let cool for at least 15 minutes, then enjoy!